DSSC Privacy and Policy
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide us:
- For an individual user when you register for an account, we collect, a minimum, your email address, a password, your name. Depending on how you use the Services, we may also collect
- Contact information such as address and phone number of players and family members;
- Team member information, including where applicable information about your children;
- Messages and chat you send via the services;
- Team information, such as rosters, schedules, attendance, statistics, and scores;
- Activity information you upload, including photos, news, information and other content;
- Payment information;
- Survey responses and feedback;
- Information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Us, sign-up for email newsletters and when you report a problem with the Services. You can choose not to provide us with some of this information, but doing so may affect your ability to use the Services;
- Messages you send to Us; and
- Transactional information.
We may receive your information from third parties that provide services for us in connection with the Services, and connect this information to your information that we already have.
Automatically Collected Information
We may also collect information from your device when you use the Services, including
- Details of your visits to Our Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer, mobile phone, tablet, and all other similar electronic or mobile devices, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, device identifiers, device settings, device attributes, browser settings, the web pages of the Services you have visited, Services visited before and after you visit a Service, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked-on.
- Information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information (e.g., cookies, web beacons, pixels, gifs tags or other similar technologies) sent by a web server to a web browser which allow the web server to recognize the web browser. This operates as a piece of data stored on your browser or device, or may identify, compile, aggregate and/or collect information through other means. They help Us to improve Our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service. You can control how your browser handles cookies received from websites. You can choose to refuse all cookies, or to be prompted before a cookie is saved to your hard drive, or to only accept cookies from certain website that you designate. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. By refusing to accept cookies from Us, you may not be able to use some of the features and functionality available on Our Services.
- Geolocation Information. If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geolocation information with us so we can customize your experience on our platform. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Provide the Services, including
- responding to your requests or inquiries; o providing technical support;
- sending you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- displaying certain content, such as content you upload and make available, comments, messages, scores, availability; photos, statistics and rankings;
- analyzing and improving the Services;
- processing your entries into sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
- For any specific purpose for which it was provided or volunteered.
- To develop, market, sell or provide products and services.
- To providing you with advertising based on your activities and interests;
- To sending you newsletters, surveys and information about products, services and promotions offered by Us or our partners.
- To Prevent fraud and defend our legal rights, including to
- protect the safety of our users and others;
- enforce our terms of service; and
- prevent fraud or any other potentially illegal activities.
- To comply with applicable law
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- Service providers that perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: including analytics, website hosting, transaction fulfillment, payment, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: information about how you use the Services and interact with content or ads to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising on our service or on third party platforms.
- Other Users: depending on how you use the Services your information may be available to other members your league.
- As required by law in with Law Enforcement Agencies or Regulators to:
- protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of our users, or other individuals;
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity;
- respond to inquiries or requests from government, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- enforce applicable terms of service.
- National Governing Bodies: We may share your information with the following National Governing Bod(ies): Swimming/Natation Canada, SwimBC for instance to confirm your eligibility to participate in a sport.
- For logged in users, SportsEngine may collect:
- device identifiers and usage data for analytics purposes,
- data related to messages in the SportsEngine account, and
- volunteer information such as name and email address.
- When administrators are logged in, SportsEngine may collect:
- device identifiers and usage data for analytics purposes,
- data related to messages in the SportsEngine account,
- administrator information such as name and email address data, and other relevant information when the administrator connects with SportsEngine personnel, for instance through the built-in chat feature.
- When users are not logged in to SportsEngine, SportsEngine collects device identifiers and usage data for analytics purposes.
5. ADVERTISING AND ONLINE TRACKING
We may allow third-party companies to serve ads and collect certain information when you visit the Services. These companies may use certain information (e.g., click stream information, web browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to the Services and other website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party clear gif/web beacon to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of Our service providers who utilize these cookies or web beacons on Our Services enable you to opt out of targeted advertising practices. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. These safeguards vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information we collect and store. Please be aware that no security solutions are infallible.
Your information will be retained for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed above or as required by applicable local law. We may keep an anonymized form of your personal information, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
8. YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
- You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. You cannot unsubscribe from service-related, transactional, or emails.
- You use you may be able to access and correct certain information through the features provided by the Services. In addition, where legally required, we will provide users with access to their information and the ability to review, update, correct, and/or delete it. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
9. PUBLIC AND INTERACTIVE AREAS OF OUR SERVICES